159 Inspirational Quotes To Inspire Success In Your Life & Business
These are the top 159 Inspirational quotes from great men & woman to motivate you to succeed in your life and your business. Be inspired!
Running a business is hard work, and it can be easy to get down or lose your motivation. You are going to have successes, failures, late nights, stress, frustration, despair, hope, and uncertainty.
With that in mind, remember that you’re not the first person to experience these varied emotions. There are some great men and woman who have gone before you, experienced the full spectrum of these emotions and still achieved greatness.
Big Tip: If you feel someone else can benefit from a particular quote then just click on the “Click To Tweet” button, or, if you want in the top left corner you can share to various social media, as well as email it to a friend. Use this and inspire someone else today!
Try Our Cutting Edge Website Design & Get More Conversions
We'd love to help give you a new website design.
View our niche specific website design options now!
- “What is success? There are many definitions, but there’s one thing all the greats agree on: Success only comes by persevering despite failure.”
- “There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed. – Ray Goforth”
- “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really: Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that’s where you will find success. – Thomas J. Watson”
- “People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy. – Tony Robbins”
- “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better. – Jim Rohn”
- “I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite. – G. K. Chesterton”
- “The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won’t. It’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere. – Barack Obama”
- “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. – Helen Keller”
- “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. – Colin Powell”
- “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit. – Conrad Hilton”
- “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure–It is: Try to please everybody. – Herbert Bayard Swope”
- “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. – Albert Schweitzer”
- “Success isn’t just about what you accomplish in your life; it’s about what you inspire others to do. – Unknown”
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. – Thomas Edison”
- “Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember–the only taste of success some people get is to take a bite out of you. – Zig Ziglar”
- “There is a powerful driving force inside every human being that, once unleashed, can make any vision, dream, or desire a reality. – Anthony Robbins”
- “Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy. – Norman Schwarzkopf”
- “You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don’t do too many things wrong. – W.Buffett”
- “The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. – Carlos Castaneda”
- “The great accomplishments of man have resulted from the transmission of ideas of enthusiasm. – Thomas J. Watson”
- “Look well to this day. Yesterday is but a dream and tomorrow is only a vision. But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this day. – Francis Gray”
- “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly and get on with improving your other innovations. – Steve Jobs”
- “The successful man is the one who finds out what is the matter with his business before his competitors do. – Roy L. Smith”
- “To be successful, you have to have your heart in your business, and your business in your heart. – Sr. Thomas Watson”
- “Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it. – Dwight Eisenhower”
- “A business has to be involving, it has to be fun, and it has to exercise your creative instincts. – Richard Branson”
- “We generate fears while we sit. We over come them by action. Fear is natures way of warning us to get busy. – Dr. Henry Link”
- “Live daringly, boldly, fearlessly. Taste the relish to be found in competition – in having put forth the best within you. – Henry J. Kaiser”
- “The winners in life think constantly in terms of I can, I will, and I am. Losers, on the other hand, concentrate their waking thoughts on what they should have or would have done, or what they can’t do. – Dennis Waitley”
- “The man who will use his skill and constructive imagination to see how much he can give for a dollar, instead of how little he can give for a dollar, is bound to succeed. – Henry Ford”
- “For all of its faults, it gives most hardworking people a chance to improve themselves economically, even as the deck is stacked in favor of the privileged few. Here are the choices most of us face in such a system: Get bitter or get busy. – Bill O’ Reilly”
- “The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It’s as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today. The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer. – N.Bushnell”
- “Surviving a failure gives you more self–confidence. Failures are great learning tools… but they must be kept to a minimum. – Jeffrey Immelt”
- “To the degree we’re not living our dreams; our comfort zone has more control of us than we have over ourselves. – Peter McWilliams”
- “Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. – Vince Lombardi”
- “Don’t worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you’ll have to ram them down people’s throats. – Howard Aiken”
- “It takes more than capital to swing business. You’ve got to have the A. I. D. degree to get by — Advertising, Initiative, and Dynamics. – Ren Mulford Jr.”
- “The NBA is never just a business. It’s always business. It’s always personal. All good businesses are personal. The best businesses are very personal. – Mark Cuban”
- “Fire the committee. No great website in history has been conceived of by more than three people. Not one. This is a deal breaker. – Seth Godin”
- “Once you free yourself from the need for perfect acceptance, it’s a lot easier to launch work that matters. – Seth Godin”
ARE YOU GETTING AS MANY LEADS FROM YOUR WEBSITE AS YOU SHOULD?
- Quickly see where you can improve your website with some quick fixes!
- We use it to grow your website by 200%. Its easy to use and simple to understand.
- Download our free actionable 25 Point Website Design Usability Checklist here.
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose. – Dr. Seuss”
- “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin”
- “The golden rule for every business man is this: Put yourself in your customer’s place. – Orison Swett Marden”
- “I like thinking big. If you’re going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big. – D.Trump”
- “To think is easy. To act is difficult. To act as one thinks is the most difficult. – J.Von Goeth”
- “People don’t believe what you tell them. They rarely believe what you show them. They often believe what their friends tell them. They always believe what they tell themselves. – Seth Godin”
- “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him. – David Brinkley”
- “Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, you ought to set up a life you don’t need to escape from. – Seth Godin”
- “I had to make my own living and my own opportunity! But I made it! Don’t sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them! – C.J. Walker”
- “Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid – Einstein”
- “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. Thoughts are things! And powerful things at that, when mixed with definiteness of purpose, and burning desire, can be translated into riches. – Napoleon Hill”
- “To succeed in business, to reach the top, an individual must know all it is possible to know about that business. – J. Paul Getty”
- “If it really was a no–brainer to make it on your own in business there’d be millions of no–brained, harebrained, and otherwise dubiously brained individuals quitting their day jobs and hanging out their own shingles. Nobody would be left to round out the workforce and execute the business plan. – Bill Rancic”
- “Winners take time to relish their work, knowing that scaling the mountain is what makes the view from the top so exhilarating. – Denis Waitley”
- “Statistics suggest that when customers complain, business owners and managers ought to get excited about it. The complaining customer represents a huge opportunity for more business. – Zig Ziglar”
- “The important thing is not being afraid to take a chance. Remember, the greatest failure is to not try. Once you find something you love to do, be the best at doing it. – Debbi Fields”
- “Success in business requires training and discipline and hard work. But if you’re not frightened by these things, the opportunities are just as great today as they ever were. – David Rockefeller”
- “If you work just for money, you’ll never make it, but if you love what you’re doing and you always put the customer first, success will be yours. – Ray Kroc”
- “To succeed… You need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you. – Tony Dorsett”
- “In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins: cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later. – Harold Geneen”
- “I don’t pay good wages because I have a lot of money; I have a lot of money because I pay good wages. – Robert Bosch”