We all would like to make money on the internet right? Making money on the internet would mean we would not have to be dependent on our jobs as much. Plus if we were to become really successful at it we would be able to walk away altogether. The harsh reality that a lot of us face is that we’re just not prepared for what it really takes to succeed online. Many of us look for opportunities that are going to make us feel some sense of certainty. We are looking for something that is as easy as 1, 2, and 3.
We are then disappointed to see that a certain opportunity does not work. So what do we do? Do we try again confident that we can make money online? No what we do is the following:
- We blame the system we were trying to implement and ask for our money back. Because the system did not work the way it says it would we assume the person who sold it to us must have been scamming us. Now because of a bad experience or a few of them we approach all money making opportunities online as if they cannot be trusted.
- We believe that the whole notion of making money online is a scam and that those who are really doing it must be using underhanded tactics. We might even assume that it does not make logical sense for someone to sell a system if it is really making money. So if there are solid internet money making opportunities out there they are being kept private.
- We believe that in order to make money online we have to work way harder then what we are prepared to. If we do not have to invest a lot of time we might believe we have to invest a lot of money. So people become obsessed with the idea of not having to risk money in order to make it. This leads to a self-defeatist attitude that is not going to help you at all.
The fact is there are two main reasons why internet money making opportunities do not work for you and they are very simple to correct if you are willing to do so. Here are two reasons you might be struggling in this area and simple solutions as to what you can do about it.
An internet marketing opportunity is only telling you half the story
It is easy for you to see a system, read the sales letter and then get excited by the idea that you can do the same. If someone tells you that you can make X amount of dollars in no time flat then you are all ears right? What some systems do not tell you though is the whole story behind their success. So you go in not prepared for what you are going to face. Here is what some systems fail to mention:
- It often took many failures before a system owner came up with something that actually worked. Even when they found something that worked they had to tweak it first in order to get the best results. Their success might be dependent on several variables that if you do not follow it will be hard for you to succeed.
- Some systems cannot make you the amount of money that is being claimed without you investing some money to amp things up. Internet opportunities are built on you being able to get traffic, usually a nice amount of it. You can do things using free methods, but this is going to take a long time. By using money you can amp things up really quickly.
- A lot of internet marketing opportunities do not tell you that it is going to take a lot of work in order for you to set things up. In fact the work involved might be so much it will discourage you from wanted to get started at all. The people who create certain opportunities usually have the money to delegate some or all of the hard work to other people. This allows them to focus only on areas they want to. Not everyone has the money to delegate tasks though.
In order for you to avoid falling into the trap of not knowing the whole story you need to have a way to ask questions to the creator of a system or opportunity. You want to know all the work that is involved and exactly what you would have to invest in terms of time, money and energy in order to make the money involved. You can then decide if you want to do this or not. Do not be like other people and run away from an opportunity simply because it says you will have to work.
You are not following the rules of an internet marketing opportunity the way you are supposed to
Internet marketers who are really serious have usually tried several things in the past in order to make money online. They have seen several systems and they know just about every traffic method. So what they will do when they get a system they think will work is they will try to fine tune it. Sometimes this can be a good thing. Adapting is never a bad thing and sometimes it is needed. But all too many times internet marketers will try to look for shortcuts or they will skip certain steps altogether. This leads to bad consequences such as follows:
- An important part of the system that is integral to its success ends up being skipped. So as a result the system does not work as well as it is supposed to. In some cases it might not work at all.
- Some methods will work only for a short time, because the person implementing a certain approach will abuse it. This is what happened to article marketing using directories.
In order for you to be successful with any internet marketing opportunity you have to do what it says. Usually you are able to be flexible in some areas, but the basic steps you have to follow. Down the line if a system begins working for you then you can experiment with other ways to do things, but this should be only after you are having success.
You do not have to fail with any internet marketing opportunity, but you do have to go in with realistic expectations and a work ethic. Even on the internet nothing comes easy, just as in the offline world.